Today on the Small Business Show, we discuss the launch of the Apple Market Forum, Dave’s new business venture with longtime colleague, Paul Kent. Shannon gets a chance to quiz Dave about the impetus for starting AMF and some of the juicy details behind the concept for the event that will be held this summer in Silicon Valley.
During the course of the show, we discuss some critical aspects of partnerships including differing skill sets, mutual expectations and managing different types of communication. Other topics include finding an expert in a different field than your own to partner with, limiting the launch size of a new business and developing no-nonsense, clear communication with your business partners.
We wrap up the show with a discussion about feeling nervous or apprehensive can be a good thing and the trick of insuring your success (or failure) by your thoughts.
Join us today for these topics and more! Then jump over to the Small Business Show Support Group to share your comments.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #111 March 22, 2017
- 00:03:18 Apple Market Forum – Dave’s & Paul Kent’s new gig
- 00:06:08 How long have you been planning?
- 00:08:06 Partnering with an expert
- 00:11:20 Limiting your launch in size – easier to manage, scarcity
- 00:13:25 Be careful of overwhelming yourself
- 00:17:39 Believing is Creating. Success/Failure
- 00:17:58 Do good partners make good partnerships?
- 00:25:27 Teach yourself to crave apprehension
- 00:26:52 SBS Outtro