Are you ready to be acquired? Is your Small Business in a position to deal with a larger company that is interested in buying you for your products, your technology or your service revenue? Join us today on the Small Business Show to hear from an expert in mergers and acquisitions, Mihir Shah, CEO of Drobo.
Mihir has had years of experience helping companies to analyze possible acquisitions and mergers, working to implement policies and procedures to insure a successful combining of two entities. You’ll learn about the two most important aspects of creating a successful acquisition and how your work on the front-end of the deal can help to insure things go right after the paperwork is signed.
We also dig deep into supply chain management and how embracing change and understanding that a crisis is just another problem to solve can propel your business success.
Listen in for this and much more on this episode of the Small Business Show, then visit the Small Business Support Group to ask your questions or to comment on the show!
- Jamf Now is a device management solution for your Apple devices at work. We make management tasks simple and affordable, so you can support your users; no IT required. Visit JAMF.com/SBS to get your first 3 devices free for life!
- TextExpander. Summon your snippets in any app on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Windows using a quick search or by typing your custom abbreviation. Share your snippets with your team, and keep them up to date together. Visit TextExpander.com/podcast for 20% off your first year.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #158 for Wednesday, February 14, 2018
- 00:01:03 Mihir Shah from Drobo
- 00:02:19 Cadavers are … not for me!
- 00:04:15 Going into the generation-old family business … of business!
- 00:04:56 Acquisition advice: Find a product market fit
- 00:06:25 Ensure a cultural fit
- 00:07:21 Beware science projects
- 00:09:09 If you’re being acquired, understand your acquirer’s Business Case
- 00:12:04 Understand that process is instrumental
- 00:12:51 Get to know your deal sponsor!
- 00:14:25 Deal sponsor and founder should understand each other’s companies
- 00:15:44 Sit on the same side of the table
- 00:16:30 Use “We”
- 00:17:01 SPONSOR: Visit TextExpander.com/podcast for 20% off your first year.
- 00:18:28 SPONSOR: Visit JAMF.com/SBS to get your first 3 devices free for life!
- 00:20:35 Mihir’s arrival at Drobo
- 00:21:27 Hurry up and get money
- 00:25:17 Dialing for Dollars
- 00:25:35 “My Brand is Crisis”
- 00:28:00 Find revenues and expense-to-revenue ratios for a similar, larger company
- 00:28:45 Favorite mistake?
- 00:29:27 Don’t underestimate the hardware business
- 00:30:05 How quickly can you adapt to a mistake?
- 00:31:16 Everything’s a challenge! Embrace it.
- 00:33:38 Don’t stop learning!
- 00:35:21 SBS 158 Outtro