The very essence of business success is all about finding a solution to a problem. When Ladan Davia was searching for employment, she found the process of using online employment websites frustrating and the results less than useful. Like any good Entrepreneur, Ladan founded Beeya.com to make things right.
Recently, Dave and Shannon spoke with Ladan during a pre-sponsorship call for Beeya on the Small Business Show. During the call, they realized that Ladan would make a great guest and asked her to come on the show for an interview. Ladan joins us today to share her story.
Beeya was founded on the premise that employment sites should be easier to use, provide a better experience and use better algorithm’s to match up prospective employees with employers. Along the way, Ladan wanted to level the playing field and provide everyone the same job opportunities, regardless of connections and to help effect positive social change with her company.
Ladan speaks about raising capital to start the business, the importance of matching her company vision with prospective investors and working harder to protect other peoples money, and much more.
Join us today on the Small Business Show, then visit the Small Business Support Group to share your questions and comments.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #154 for Wednesday, January 17, 2018
- 00:01:32 Ladan Davia from Beeya.com
- 00:02:24 From Hard News to Entertainment Industry to Business Owner
- 00:04:54 “I had never applied for a job”
- It’s hard to find a job
- 00:06:54 Balancing everyone’s opportunities
- 00:08:14 Beeya’s algorithm is different
- 00:09:06 Starting a funded business
- 00:12:13 The process of raising money.
- 00:13:23 Matching visions with investors.
- 00:15:40 Working harder for other people’s money.
- 00:16:42 $50,000 is a very big loss
- 00:18:26 Paperwork doesn’t mean anything
- 00:19:41 Podcasts are better than Google AdWords
- 00:22:49 An employment website that can make positive social change
- 00:28:11 SBS Outtro