Does your website communicate in ways that potential customers can quickly grasp your story, what your services or your product line are? How do you simplify your message to capture the short attention span and should you rely on your Terms and Conditions to “protect” you from your customers?
If your Small Business is getting interest from a larger company that wants to acquire you, who should you focus your energy on? The Deal Sponsor concept can help you narrow down your focus on which person you need to work closely with to make your merger or acquisition a success.
Join us today on episode 159 of the Small Business Show for these topics and more!
Shannon and Dave also revisit the “Beer Test” to insure that you have a cultural fit before entering into a partnership, joint venture or acquisition and why you need to have all office doors open during a crisis. We spend some time discussing Mihir Shah’s 5 C’s of a Turnaround and why these points surely apply to all businesses.
Listen in and then join us in the Small Business Support Group to share your story or ask questions.
- Jamf Now is a device management solution for your Apple devices at work. We make management tasks simple and affordable, so you can support your users; no IT required. Visit JAMF.com/SBS to get your first 3 devices free for life!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #159 for Thursday, February 22, 2018
- 00:02:00 G4 Design – benefits of telling your story, and having people comment on it.
- 00:05:39 Teasing out the message
- 00:07:00 “Wow! I didn’t get that from your website at all!”
- 00:07:46 Learn to simplify your message
- 00:08:40 Don’t rest on your T&Cs
- 00:10:48 SPONSOR: Visit JAMF.com/SBS to get your first 3 devices free for life!
- 00:13:05 Mihir Shah from Drobo on Small Business Show
- 00:13:54 Mihir’s concept of a “Deal Sponsor”
- 00:15:44 “The Beer Test”
- 00:17:12 Spouse/Family Buy-in
- 00:17:37 Due diligence on your Deal Sponsor
- 00:18:32 What’s the “cost” of working with your acquirer?
- 00:19:16 “The business needs someone else”
- 00:20:36 Mihir Shah’s 5 C’s of a Turnaround
- 00:22:12 “Talk to 500 Customers per year”
- 00:23:45 Cash is King
- 00:26:22 Accepting when it’s time for Plan B
- 00:28:14 Culture is the “Fatalyst”
- 00:28:44 Your partners need to believe in your vision
- 00:29:29 Forced Vesting
- 00:31:42 “Nobody’s Door Gets Closed”
- 00:32:41 Owed money can’t be the elephant in the room
- 00:34:08 Jean-Louis Gassée’s Two Tokens Customer Service
- 00:37:34 The Hubris of Apple
- 00:38:30 A Customer problem is a customer opportunity
- 00:39:35 SBS 159 Outtro