Chances are, you’ll be attending a Conference or Trade Show related to your Small Business at some point. How do you maximize your time and have the best possible experience from attending a Conference or Trade Show? Join us for episode 208 of the Small Business Show to find out!
Your hosts Dave Hamilton and Shannon Jean have attended, reported on and exhibited at hundreds of Conferences and Trade Shows. From small events with just a few hundred people to the Consumer Electronics Show with hundreds of thousands of attendees. Each of these events requires planning and purpose to be sure you get the best result out of your attendance.
Listen in and you’ll hear about the importance of researching the event so you’ll be confident and comfortable, how building trust with existing and new contacts is critically important and why hanging out in conference hallways can be a great way to make connections.
We discuss the importance of listening more than talking, planning meetings before the show while also keeping some flex time available for what may come up and why connecting in the evening could be the best part of the event.
Join us for all this and much more in this episode of the Small Business Show! After the show, click over to the Small Business Support Group to share your own tips.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #208 for Wednesday, January 30, 2019
- 00:00:58 The cycles of business and weather
- 00:02:58 The Trade Show/Conference Episode
- 00:03:50 How can you be comfortable and confident at the show?
- 00:06:15 Proper planning
- 00:07:56 Goal: building trust
- 00:10:22 The Hallway Track
- 00:11:56 Listen to People
- 00:13:59 On-the-fly Juggling
- 00:15:53 SPONSOR: Abby Connect. Get $95 off your first bill at AbbyConnect.com/sbs
- 00:18:31 SPONSOR: TextExpander.com/podcast gets you 20% off your first year
- 00:20:36 Most of the business happens after the show floor ends
- 00:28:59 Manage your body!
- 00:30:31 Eat no meals alone
- 00:33:21 Managing business cards
- 00:37:26 GG 208 Outtro