Getting paid might be the most important task for your Small Business. Processing payments quickly for your customers, avoiding fraud and managing your cash are all critical and daily tasks. Today’s guest on the Small Business Show has a wealth of experience in the payments processing business and is currently the COO of PayPal. Bill Ready joins your hosts Shannon Jean and Dave Hamilton to talk about PayPal’s new Funds Now service and much more.
Listen in to hear how Small Business is part of Bill’s DNA, starting out by working for his parents auto repair business and taking those lessons to become an “accidental entrepreneur” that eventually led him to be involved with five startups, including Braintree and Venmo, eventually landing at Paypal and to the Chief Operating Officer role that he fills today.
We all know that getting access to your cash is paramount for Small Business Owners. Bill discusses PayPal’s new Funds Now service that allows for instant access to funds for Small Businesses using Paypal. We discuss PayPal’s goal of “democratizing access to the digital economy” for Small Businesses of all sizes and why this is so important for Bill and Paypal.
You’ll hear some great tips on the customer experience and some unique advice about scaling your business that you might not have considered. Join us today for this very special episode of the Small Business Show and then visit the Small Business Support Group to ask more questions and to share your comments!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #189 for Wednesday, September 19, 2018
- 00:00:39 Bill Ready from PayPal, Braintree, Venmo
- 00:01:41 Small business in the blood
- 00:03:05 The accidental entrepreneur
- 00:05:07 The joy and the burdens of small business are tremendous
- 00:06:52 PayPal’s new Funds Now
- 00:11:30 Going international… with immediate funds.
- 00:14:16 PayPal extends trust
- 00:16:20 SPONSOR: Gusto is refreshingly easy payroll, benefits, and HR for the modern small business. Visit Gusto.com/SBS for a free, 3-month trial.
- 00:18:00 SPONSOR: Visit TextExpander.com/podcast for 20% off your first year.
- 00:20:30 Don’t Truck the Farmer’s Livelihood
- 00:22:47 Always remain customer-focused
- 00:24:27 Democratizing access to the digital economy
- 00:27:50 It’s all about the customer
- 00:29:23 Paypal’s customers are buyers and sellers
- 00:31:56 To scale, you need repeatable process
- 00:33:08 ….and you need to hire passionate people
- 00:34:55 Visit the Business section at PayPal.com
- 00:35:55 SBS 189 Outtro