As Small Business owners, building and keeping trust with potential and existing customers is critical to our success. Join us today on the Small Business Show for an interview with Bjorn Burnett, a Small Business owner in the insurance and financial planning field.
Bjorn has transitioned to a 2nd career in the insurance and finance field and shares how he came up with a system to add value to clients to gain referrals and then convert those referrals to future clients.
Listen into the show, then ask questions and comment in the Small Business Support Group. We look forward to seeing you there!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #176 for Wednesday, June 20, 2018
- 00:00:42 Second (or third!) career
- 00:01:17 Interview: Bjorn Burnett
- 00:02:30 Putting out fires… and not the business kind!
- 00:03:00 What else can I do with my life?
- 00:05:06 Made my own stupid financial decisions… and then took a class
- 00:06:12 What does it take to be an advisor?
- 00:06:37 The reality of not making any money right away
- 00:08:43 Preparing for the Cash Flow Shift
- 00:12:00 The Referral Key
- “Bring us 300 People to Call”
- 00:13:22 Discipline and Consistency: Be Prepared to Ask for the Referral
- 00:15:34 Add Value First
- 00:17:42 Become a therapist – Get used to heavy conversations
- 00:18:56 How do you build trust?
- 00:22:10 Consistency in approach across multiple clients
- 00:23:07 Identify the idea client
- 00:24:46 Favorite mistake?
- 00:27:45 Expanding to the non-local solopreneur
- 00:29:03 SBS Outtro