Being proactive when communicating with your customers helps to build trust and credibility. What happens when your customers find out about bad news before you tell them? Join your hosts Shannon Jean and Dave Hamilton for this episode of the Small Business Show to hear a great example of what NOT to do when things go wrong.
Dave shares his experience with poor communication that literally stopped a company from being able to do business in his local area. And of course, Shannon adds to the tale with his own experience with this business, but from an entirely different perspective. Oh, and it involves beer, which is always a good thing.
We then jump into a discussion about the right and wrong way to try to promote tie-in sales of, let’s just say, somewhat related businesses. You’ll hear why considering your demographic for one service before you try to promote a different product to that audience is critical to success, along with some other tips about growing your customer base.
There’s a lot more to learn and we couldn’t think of a better way to allocate 32-minutes of time for your ears. We also want to hear from YOU! Contact us and comment at the Small Business Support Group. Thanks for listening!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #224 for Wednesday, May 22, 2019
- 00:01:05 Learning Languages and Instruments
- 00:03:00 CAPTCHA and RE-CAPTCHA
- 00:04:41 Hopsy’s Reaction to DICOM’s Shutdown
- 00:11:00 Beware your own optimism!
- 00:11:51 Contact Your Customers
- 00:17:09 Desperation or Disconnect?
- 00:19:12 SPONSOR: TextExpander.com/podcast gets you 20% off your first year
- 00:21:54 SPONSOR: The Alternative Board. TAB is a group of business owners & experts in your area that you can turn to for advice. Visit TheAlternativeBoard.com/SBS to apply for free today and find out if if there’s a board seat available in your area!
- 00:23:57 The New York Times vs. The Daily Podcast and Subscriptions
- 00:29:45 Creative Engagement Solutions
- 00:31:44 You Can Learn from Everything and Everyone
- 00:32:26 SBS 224 Outtro