Are you a confident Small Business owner? Has showing that confidence helped build your business? Join your hosts Shannon Jean and Dave Hamilton today on episode 205 of the Small Business Show to hear learn how your own confidence can inspire confidence in your employees and your customers – leading to more sales and success!
You’ll hear why “Praising yourself (and your Small Business) daringly” is a proven marketing technique that you should become comfortable using. When you communicate your expertise and display confidence, most people will believe you and they will tend to confirm that impression in their minds.
We discuss a number of methods to use to create the confidence in yourself and your Small Business to attract success including the controversial use of “directional truths”, promoting past successes and how you overcame adversity even if it was caused by your own mistakes and how talking about big goals can convince potential customers that you’re already there.
Listen in for all this and much more, then join us at the Small Business Support Group to join the conversation, ask questions and share your own confidence story.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #205 for Wednesday, January 9, 2019
- 00:01:18 The benefits of attending CES
- 00:04:31 Trade shows are valuable!
- 00:05:10 The Confidence Episode
- 00:05:48 Confidence vs. Competence
- Sammy Hagar says it best!
- 00:06:30 Step one: Say you’re the best; Step two: become the best!
- 00:09:39 People are impressed more by confidence
- 00:11:13 SPONSOR: ExpressVPN – ExpressVPN.com/SBS gets you 3 months free with your 1-year subscription
- 00:14:38 Promote previous successes
- 00:15:57 Tell “directional” truths
- “Thousands of customers…”
- “Multi-million dollar business…”
- “Dozens of employees…”
- 00:18:58 Promote brand name customers and big deals
- 00:22:13 Talk about how you’ve overcome mistakes
- 00:23:29 Talk about your goals
- 00:24:38 Know your cash numbers, even if they suck!
- 00:30:11 SBS 205 Outtro