Change is coming for you and your Small Business! How you manage change and how you integrate change into your company culture is an important part of your long term success. Join us today for episode 194 of the Small Business Show as we take a deep dive into welcoming and benefiting from change.
We start the show with a discussion about SCORE Mentoring and your co-host Dave Hamilton’s decision to connect with his local SCORE representatives to discuss changes in his business and how having an accountability partner can dramatically increase your productivity. Then, it’s on to tips for using small changes in your personal life to get you comfortable with larger changes that are inevitable and eventually heading your way. Shannon’s premise is that these small changes help to “re-wire” your brain so you welcome larger changes and use them in a productive manner.
Once you find yourself embracing change, it’s time to work on your Small Business!
You’ll hear how to make change part of your Small Business story, how to use casual comments and frequent actions to get your employees used to and ready for change and how to use the Two Week Trial method to introduce changes in your business. We wrap up the show with a discussion of the new Small Business Show mailing list and why you should subscribe.
Join us, then click over to the Small Business Support Group to share your story, ask questions and more.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #194 for Wednesday, October 24, 2018
- 00:01:46 Constant Change is here to Stay
- Small Business Show Episode 70 – Change!
- 00:02:41 SCORE Mentoring for Change!
- 00:08:15 Accountability matters!
- 00:09:26 SPONSOR: New Square Payroll App – Everything you can do on a desktop you can do in the app. Visit Square.com/Go/SBS for More
- 00:11:15 SPONSOR: Visit TextExpander.com/podcast for 20% off your first year.
- 00:13:28 Tweak your systems to accept change that happens
- 00:14:37 Complacency kills
- 00:15:03 Small change conditions you!
- Change the side of your bed
- Change seats at the dinner table
- Take a different route to the office
- 00:17:49 Dave faces the Comscore Gestapo
- 00:20:52 Get yourself comfortable with change first
- 00:21:44 Make change part of your company’s story
- Manage to your audience
- 00:24:02 The casual mentions of change
- “What side project would you like to work on here?”
- “Your job is going to change all the time.”
- “What do you want your next job to be?”
- 00:28:20 Try out change for two weeks!
- 00:32:32 Lose the past. Consider sunk costs!
- 00:34:06 Change is coming!
- 00:34:25 Change at SBS: Small Business Show Mailing List
- 00:35:20 SBS 194 Outtro