There’s nothing better than having a Small Business Show listener reach out to us with a request to be on the show. Recently, we were contacted by a listener via LinkedIn with a compelling message about his experience starting and selling a Small Business and about the challenges of being in the ticketing and live event business that was completely shut down due to Covid. Evan Samet founded TicketInsider in 2013 and after experiencing significant success, he sold the company in 2018. Evan is now the VP of Purchase and Marketing at Key Investment Group, another ticketing and VIP experience company.
Join your hosts Shannon Jean and Dave Hamilton as we take a deep dive into the ticketing and live event business to learn how they are surviving during Covid and their plans to thrive once live events return.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #304 for Wednesday, November 25, 2020
- Please…Review The Small Business Show
- Evan Samet, Founder of TicketINsider, Vice President of Purchasing & Marketing at Key Investment Group
- A surprise 100% return for tickets at Toad’s Place starts a business!
- They canceled Wimbledon!
- Stop and ask: What does your company actually do?
- 00:13:11 SPONSOR: Issuu. The All-In-One Tool To Create & Distribute Great-Looking Content. Get Issuu for free or get 50% off a Premium account. Both at Issuu.com/podcast with promo code SBS.
- 00:15:13 SPONSOR: TextExpander lets you be both efficient and accurate. TextExpander.com/podcast gets you 20% off your first year!
- The live entertainment business returns?
- Marc Geiger Claustrophobia Economy
- Here comes the Roaring Twenties!
- Hiring advice: Find people smarter than you
- Always work on your business skills
- Know that you’re valuable elsewhere
- We Love Mistakes!
- Mistake: Don’t always be the expert
- Advice: Have another stream of revenue
- SBS 304 Outtro