Getting started with your Small Business can be challenging. Finding the initiative to power through obstacles is a critically important step on your path towards Small Business world domination. Join us today to hear our tips on startup initiative as well as steps to keep initiative going when you get in a slump and how to keep the fire of initiative lit with your employees’ and partners.
We have talked about creating your own reality and “tricking” your brain to turn it into a machine that will propel you to success when you’re just getting started, but what about when you hit the inevitable “rut” of running your Small Business? We can help you with that, as well.
And then there’s the people around you, your employees’ and partners that you may have to re-charge their initiative from time to time. Listen in and hear how your hosts Dave Hamilton and Shannon Jean have kept that fire lit over the years.
How about you? Share your experience, your tips and ask questions in the Small Business Support Group. Join 300+ Small Business owners, get and give help and find ways to rekindle that initiative we’re all looking for.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #175 for Wednesday, June 13, 2018
- 00:02:22 Don’t be afraid of what you don’t know
- 00:03:42 Shannon’s Get-Started List
- Pretend there are no barriers
- Unlimited Resources
- Don’t let “common sense” to get in your way
- 00:06:00 Share carefully
- Share your ideas with Shannon and Dave – email@example.com
- 00:07:53 Getting out of a rut
- Make a Task List
- Manage Yourself
- 00:11:31 Use Calculus every day
- 00:12:00 When The River of Momentum Dries up
- Write it down!
- 00:13:33 Create a success list
- 00:14:30 Look at your system
- 00:15:43 The time to talk
- 00:18:03 Be comfortable being vulnerable
- 00:19:33 SPONSOR: Simple Contacts – Get $30 off at https://simplecontacts.com/sbs or enter SBS at checkout
- 00:21:18 SPONSOR: Visit TextExpander.com/podcast for 20% off your first year.
- 00:22:58 Creating initiative in others
- 00:26:15 Changing/Breaking Habits
- 00:29:11 Have the freedom to talk freely with your partners
- 00:31:13 What is your passion project?
- Fuel sideways thinking
- Employee success lists
- 00:34:49 Give people autonomy
- TextExpander for Controlled Autonomy
- 00:37:43 SBS 175 Outtro