Do you remember when you did every job at your business? If it’s been awhile since that time, join us today on the Small Business Show as we discuss how this “job swap” can energize you, allow you to reconnect with employees and provide some valuable insight into what’s really happening behind the scenes each day.
On Episode 96 of the Small Business Show, Dave and Shannon discuss how they have both benefitted over the years when they had to jump in to do an employees job. Wether it’s due to a vacation or unexpected vacancy, getting your hands dirty by working in the warehouse, or making sales calls again can be a very positive thing.
We also touch on using humor in the workplace, realizing we need to do an entire show on that topic! Finally, if you enjoy the show, please give us a quick click and a review on the iTunes store. It really helps!
Chapters & Timestamps
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #96 December 7th, 2016
- 00:00:57 Coming up: Best Of!
- 00:02:07 Stepping in to do your employees jobs
- 00:07:12 Finding the inefficiencies and improving processes
- 00:09:12 Reconnecting with the nuts and bolts of your business
- 00:10:28 Your employees will solve problems, but maybe not in the best way
- 00:11:00 Sweep the dust out of the corners
- 00:13:58 It’s all about showing your employees that you’re all on the same team
- 00:18:57 Modeling – setting the workflow pace
- 00:21:19 Proving the pudding.
- 00:22:19 Getting back to basics is exciting
- 00:24:40 Humor in the workplace?
- 00:25:37 We need your reviews – As Jerry Maguire said “Help us help you..”