Technology changes quickly and one of the problems we all deal with is finding a home for your old laptop, phone or tablet when you upgrade. How many of us have an old iPhone in a drawer or MacBook sitting on a shelf somewhere? Today we get a chance to learn more about the business opportunity that this situation creates with our guest Brian Burke, owner of SellYourMac.com
You’ll hear the story about how not getting the job of his dreams pushed Brian into creating the company of his dreams. Join us today for episode 199 of the Small Business Show and then join the conversation on the Small Business Support Group!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #199 for Wednesday, November 28, 2018
- 00:00:55 Brian Burke from SellYourMac
- 00:02:40 Didn’t get the job I wanted out of college
- 00:04:20 Didn’t have enough product to sell!
- 00:04:41 Selling convenience first
- 00:06:40 Rely on yourself as your backup plan
- 00:09:32 Where else to sell your Mac?
- 00:10:56 SPONSOR: Visit TextExpander.com/podcast for 20% off your first year.
- 00:12:31 SPONSOR: Go to LinkedIn.com/SBS and get $50 OFF toward your first job post!
- 00:14:30 Buy where you want to sell
- 00:17:35 Let eBay do half your marketing for you
- 00:19:03 Managing your SEO from the core of your website
- 00:20:05 Managing by learning your people
- 00:22:19 Beware the fraudsters
- 00:25:21 The (in)efficiencies of addressing fraud
- 00:27:42 Unintentional fraud
- 00:29:10 Never happy with current size. Always Be Growing.
- 00:30:14 Be prepared to work.
- 00:31:59 SBS 199 Outtro