Continuing with our series on subscription-based businesses, we’ve been fortunate to meet some very smart folks that have started or transitioned to a subscription model for their product or service. This week, we get to learn from a founder that created a business to help others succeed in the software and subscription market.
Join your hosts Shannon Jean and Dave Hamilton as they learn how Christian started his first company at 14 where he learned about connecting with others in the business community for help and how to leverage his youth to get support.
Listen in to hear how Christian and his Co-Founder Harrison Rose created Paddle to solve the back-end headaches that subscription services can cause. Everything from licensing and bug reports to payment management can be handled by Paddle.
There’s some great tips and advice that you don’t want to miss on this episode of the Small Business Show. Enjoy the show, then click over to the Small Business Support Group to continue the discussion!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #230 for Wednesday, July 3, 2019
- 00:01:02 Christian Owens from Paddle
- 00:02:50 Gotta make an invoice!
- 00:04:56 Started with MacBundleBox and met everyone in the Mac space
- 00:06:53 Learning at your own speed vs. someone else’s
- 00:08:35 Leveraging the power of being young
- 00:10:08 SPONSOR: go.co – Get online with your .CO domain today. Register for just $5 and get 3 months of website builder and hosting services FREE at go.co/sbs.
- 00:11:17 SPONSOR: TextExpander.com/podcast gets you 20% off your first year
- 00:12:30 Looking at Paddle
- 00:16:20 Reinventing your business for larger customers
- 00:19:22 Ask for Advice, Get Money
- 00:23:20 Hire people that are better than you
- 00:24:54 I want to be my first customer
- 00:26:44 A partnership that makes sense
- 00:31:20 Growing too quickly … surprise!
- 00:34:36 Managing your employees… and their expectations
- 00:38:50 Have patience and ask for help!
- 00:40:52 SBS 230 Outtro