If you’re selling products, logistics is a critical part of the equation and being logistics-smart can mean the difference between making a profit or losing money on a product. Should you be handling your own shipments, using Amazon’s fulfillment services or perhaps a 3rd Party Fulfillment company to get your orders out? We discuss those options and much more on today’s show.
Listen in as your hosts Shannon Jean and Dave Hamilton discuss and learn about the challenges of getting your products to your customers in a timely manner while keeping your costs low and errors to a minimum. You’ll learn about the latest Amazon FBA changes that have caught some sellers by surprise and how you can minimize your reliance on FBA by using a 3rd Party Logistics company to handle your product fulfillment.
Join us today to learn about optimizing your product delivery and then join the conversation at the Small Business Support Group!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #213 for Wednesday, March 6, 2019
- 00:01:04 Kelan Raph, President Optimum Supply Chain
- 00:02:12 Start at DHL while finishing
MBA, then… Create a Business!
- 00:04:59 What problem are you solving?
- 00:05:34 Upcoming Changes to the Fulfilled By Amazon Program
- 00:09:01 Is FBA still a good solution?
- 00:11:02 FBA’s stumbles … create FBA competitors!
- 00:14:08 SPONSOR: Molekule. Air purification reinvented. For $75 off your first order visit Molekule.com and at checkout enter code: SBS
- 00:16:20 SPONSOR: Keeps. To receive your first month of treatment for free, go to Keeps.com/SBS
- 00:18:40 Distributed Inventory can Save You Money
- 00:22:02 Grand Canal and Optimum
- “Freight fees are often what kill you the most”
- 00:26:11 Are you a broker or an advisor? Which do you want to be?
- 00:29:12 The Challenge of Awareness
- 00:31:15 Raising Marketing Money
- 00:33:17 With VC, Be Aware of Actual Profits
- 00:34:35 Keeps Your Eyes on Your Customer
- 00:37:18 Knowing customer expectations
- 00:40:06 SBS 213 Outtro