We love answering listener questions. Not only does it make us feel much smarter than we actually are, it also allows us to connect with our listeners and help them solve problems. Send your questions to be featured on the Small Business Show!
On this episode, we hear from Louis with a question about setting up his website, selecting a domain name and getting help with both. We then talk about some options for your office software and how to keep older PC hardware running strong with alternative operating systems.
Carol then asks for help with a lawsuit caused by a dog being hurt at her boarding business. We discuss lawyers, insurance options and the best way to proceed to minimize the impact on her Small Business.
Then we’re on to a question from Jacob about options for selling his Small Business. His partner wants to pay a large up front fee to a business broker and Jacob is not as comfortable with that option.
Be sure to see the show notes for links to previous episodes where we discuss these situations in detail. There’s some great interviews with Small Business Owners about solving these types of problems. Join your co-hosts Dave Hamilton and Shannon Jean as they answer these questions and more on this episode of the Small Business Show.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #195 for Wednesday, October 31, 2018
- 00:02:17 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 00:02:22 Louis-Setting up a business domain
- 00:13:20 Use LibreOffice instead of MSOffice
- 00:18:05 Consider Ubuntu or Elementary.io to breathe new life into old computing hardware
- 00:22:22 SPONSOR: New Square Payroll App – Everything you can do on a desktop you can do in the app. Visit Square.com/Go/SBS for More
- 00:24:13 SPONSOR: Go to LinkedIn.com/SBS and get $50 OFF toward your first job post!
- 00:26:55 Carol-I’ve been sued, what do I do?
- 00:34:22 Jacob-What do you guys think about business brokers?
- 00:40:37 Domain ownership matters!
- 00:44:49 SBS 195 Outtro