Join us today on the Small Business Show to learn how to manage a one-way contract situation. Dave Hamilton shares his experience when negotiating a vague contract and why you might not want to help make the contract better. Listen in as Dave uses Pacing and Leading persuasion techniques to learn more about the person he is signing the contract with and why sometimes the smallest actions can help to cement a relationship.
We then jump into one of Shannon Jean’s favorite topics: using stories to connect with your customers. We all know the power of story. Stories connect with us on a deep level, creating a
By promoting the story of your Small Business, you are moving beyond a transactional relationship and into an emotional one. Whether it’s sharing your reasons for creating your business, talking about the obstacles you have overcome or focusing on the problem you wanted to solve, the story of Why and How can elevate you beyond your competitors and forge deep bonds with your customers.
All this and much more on episode 246 of the Small Business Show. Listen in and then join us at the Small Business Support Group to ask your questions and comment.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #246 for Wednesday, October 23, 2019
- You need to know if you can walk away
- Haste Makes Malpractice
- Leading and Pacing: research your potential partners
- Don’t steal the pen
- Landlord vs. Innkeeper
- 00:22:09 SPONSOR: TextExpander.com/podcast gets you 20% off your first year
- 00:24:19 SPONSOR: Linode. Instantly deploy and manage an SSD server in the Linode Cloud. Get a server running in seconds with your choice of Linux distro, resources, and choice of 10 node locations. Visit Linode.com/SBS and use promo code sbs2019 to start with a $20 credit.
- 00:26:20 Are You the Hero of your Small Business Story
- TechRestore: Help is on the Way
- 00:40:03 SBS 246 Outtro