Having the fortitude to power through adversity is one of the keys to Small Business success. Every guest we’ve had on the Small Business Show has a story (usually more than one) about how getting through rough times has made them a better business owner.
What strategies work best when things are not going right? How do you keep your focus on other parts of your business when dealing with big problems? Join your hosts, Dave Hamilton, and Shannon Jean, as they welcome back Bryan O’Connell of Meras Water Solutions to share tips and strategies for getting through tough times.
It’s been three years since Bryan first came on the Small Business Show to discuss handling massive growth at Meras in a short timeframe and how they implemented systems and ramped up staffing to keep things on track. We’re thrilled to have him back on again to share his experiences with what to do when things go wrong.
Join us for this episode of the Small Business Show, then visit the Support Group to join the conversation!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #217 for Wednesday, April 3, 2019
- 00:01:10 Bryan O’Connell of Meras Water Solutions
- 00:02:58 Lots of local customers
- 00:04:58 Facing adversity
- 00:06:54 Self-assessment is one of the hardest things to do
- 00:09:12 Breaking Down a 50/50 Partnership
- 00:14:42 The crazier situation gets crazier
- 00:17:00 “Things are never as good or as bad as they seem”
- 00:19:12 “We’re Still Keeping Score”
- 00:23:01 Find an Advice Group
- 00:27:27 Find a mission you can be excited about
- 00:30:55 Be genuine, be empathetic
- 00:33:13 Don’t forget that business is an exchange of money
- 00:36:27 The Two-Headed Monster
- 00:37:27 Small Business Show 217 Outtro