One of the most frequently repeated pieces of advice that we give on the show is to get involved with a board of advisors and to connect with other business owners. Connecting with a group of diverse business owners and executives is a powerful way to build relationships and to bring experience to your business that you may be lacking. You’ll gain insight, critique, and knowledge with every meeting.
We have had business owners on the show that have mentioned the impact of just such an advisory group: the Alliance of CEOs. We’re thrilled to have Paul Witkay, Founder of the Alliance on the show today.
Paul shares the story of why and how he started the Alliance back in 1996 to help both large and Small Business CEO’s solve problems and connect with other leaders.
Listen in and then visit the Small Business Support Group to ask questions and comment on the show.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #244 for Wednesday, October 9, 2019
- 00:02:28 Paul Witkay – Alliance of CEOs
- Starting the Alliance
- “Don’t be Stupid”
- Create a safe space with no sales nor judgment
- 00:14:59 SPONSOR: Mint Mobile. To get your new wireless plan for just $15/month, and get the plan shipped to your door for FREE, go to MintMobile.com/sbs
- 00:16:58 SPONSOR: TextExpander.com/podcast gets you 20% off your first year.
- 00:19:07 Part 2 – How does the Alliance Work?
- Matching up the groups
- Trading Places
- These aren’t peer groups
- Advice: Focus on Clarity
- Advice: Hang around the people you want to hang around