Being persistent is a critical part of making your Small Business succeed. From the very start, you will face obstacles that you’ll have to break through and go around to create something from nothing. Some of these will be mental, some physical and some logistical. Join us today for episode 186 of the Small Business Show to hear how your co-hosts Dave Hamilton and Shannon Jean have used their bull-headed persistence to overcome those obstacles during their careers.
We discuss the importance of confidence and believing in yourself with tips on how to use your Success List to remind yourself of your achievements to build up your confidence, as well as learning how to maximize your strengths and minimize weaknesses with strategic partners or employees. Shannon then reminds us that patience needs to be a part of your plan – as long as you are moving along the path you set for yourself and your Small Business. Success takes time.
You’ll hear about how immersing yourself in your Small Business is an important part of pushing through obstacles and achieving success and how creating habits out of things that work for your business will keep you moving forward on your quest. And while it’s important to have a clear vision of where you want your Small Business to go, we spend some time talking about adjusting and adapting when things don’t go exactly as planned (hint: they never do).
We wrap up our discussion with a reminder that commitment to your Small Business success is critical – everything has a cost, get ready to pay it in time and effort to create a successful business that can help you lead that Charmed Life we talk about often on the show.
Listin in and then share your story and comments on the Small Business Support Group!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #186 for Wednesday, August 29, 2018
- 00:01:07 Bull-headed persistence is the key to success
- 00:02:51 Make sure that you have persistence in your Talent Stack
- 00:04:50 “Which story is more enjoyable to hear?” – Shannon Jean, ladies and gentlemen
- 00:06:30 Be confident! The story is part of the reward.
- 00:07:45 Recognize your achievements
- 00:09:42 Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life…And Maybe the World
- 00:11:29 SPONSOR: Gusto is refreshingly easy payroll, benefits, and HR for the modern small business. Visit Gusto.com/SBS for a free, 3-month trial.
- 00:13:28 SPONSOR: Timing, for anyone billing their hours. Visit timingapp.com/smallbusiness and get a 14-day free trial and save 10% when you purchase.
- 00:16:20 Maximize Strengths, Minimize Weaknesses
- 00:18:04 Be patient… and realistic
- 00:20:10 Adjust and adapt!
- 00:22:11 Be in it!
- 00:25:13 Consider your path
- 00:25:48 Commitment – Accept the costs
- 00:29:27 SBS 186 Outtro