Using persuasion techniques when working with customers and your employees can help everyone get the results they want. Specifically, using Pacing and Leading can help you build empathy and create a connection between people that then allows you to achieve a positive outcome.
“Pacing builds trust because people see you as being the same as them. After pacing, a persuader can then lead, and the subject will be comfortable following.” – Scott Adams
Join us today on the Small Business Show to hear your hosts Dave Hamilton and Shannon Jean discuss using Pacing in a positive fashion to achieve positive results with customers, employees, and vendors. You’ll learn what Pacing and Leading is and why it’s an important tool to add to your Small Business Toolbox.
Hear real-world examples to get your negotiations on the same side of the table, how Pacing is part of the Two Tokens method of resolving customer service problems and much more.
Listen in to this episode, then share your own story at the Small Business Support Group!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #225 for Wednesday, May 29, 2019
- 00:01:00 Fake it ‘Til You Make It
- 00:02:51 Rooting for Success
- 00:05:24 “Pacing Builds Trust”
- 00:07:07 Pacing with Commonalities
- 00:10:08 Verbal Cues Build Credibility
- 00:11:52 Pacing to build trust is ok because you’re trustworthy
- 00:15:06 Creating Circular Process
- 00:16:35 SPONSOR: Linode. Instantly deploy and manage an SSD server in the Linode Cloud. Get a server running in seconds with your choice of Linux distro, resources, and choice of 10 node locations. Visit Linode.com/SBS and use promo code sbs2019 to start with a $20 credit.
- 00:19:19 Jean-Louis Gassee’s Two Tokens of Customer Service
- 00:23:03 The long-term is circular
- 00:24:35 Invoke empathy – “I know how frustrating this can be”
- 00:25:13 Rehearse Your Small Talk
- 00:29:00 Ask Questions First!
- 00:31:27 Connections are the key to success
- 00:31:52 SBS 225 Outtro