Getting customers to spend their hard earned dollars at your Small Business is tough, right? How about if you had to convince them to eat insects to get those dollars into your bank account? Join us today as we visit with James Rolin of Cowboy Cricket Farms and hear how this Small Business has used education, creative marketing and stubborn persistence to succeed.
Listen in to learn about how feasibility studies can guide you to the right business model, how we’re all eating insects (we just don’t know it), how community outreach as a marketing tool can be powerful and some great tips for working with your spouse and teaching your kids about how to succeed. You’ll also hear about using the Score Mentoring program as a powerful and free tool to grow your business.
You’ll learn a lot, but your co-hosts Shannon Jean and Dave Hamilton continue to think they are learning the most from our awesome guests. Join us today, then share your story at the Small Business Support Group!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #184 for Wednesday, August 15, 2018
- 00:01:14 Go for the Gusto
- 00:01:20 James Rolin from Cowboy Cricket Farms
- 00:04:30 Doing a Feasibility Study
- 00:06:23 Red Dye 40 – Beetle Shells
- 00:07:44 Marketing the largest challenge
- 00:09:33 Contains: Insects
- 00:11:06 Community Outreach
- 00:13:26 SPONSOR: Gusto is refreshingly easy payroll, benefits, and HR for the modern small business. Visit Gusto.com/SBS for a free, 3-month trial.
- 00:14:56 Working with your spouse!
- 00:16:16 Teach your kids the value of hard work
- 00:17:20 Score Mentoring
- 00:20:00 Ask for help!
- 00:21:37 “We don’t know if we’re doing things right.”
- 00:23:16 Educating … and being educated!
- 00:24:02 Leverage Stubbornness
- 00:26:54 Advice: Solve a problem
- 00:28:16 SBS 184 Outtro