When there’s a disagreement with a customer, supplier or someone else, what is the best way to resolve the problem while keeping your Small Business running strong? Have you been sued or are you contemplating suing someone? Join us today on the Small Business Show where we discuss Alternative Dispute Resolution methods like Arbitration and Mediation.
If you are a party to a lawsuit, either plaintiff or defendant, chances are you’ll be pushed into mediation by a judge in an attempt to keep you out of court. Dave and Shannon have both been parties to mediation and as you can imagine, they have much to talk about when it comes to making the most out of your mediation experience.
Listen in to episode 164 of the Small Business Show to hear their stories and pickup some tips, including how to keep everyone’s ego out of the process, including your attorney’s, how to pick the right attorney to represent you, how the process works and why timing is so important for success.
After the show, keep the conversation going by joining us at the Small Business Support Group to share your mediation story, ask questions or comment on the show.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #164 for Wednesday, March 27, 2018
- 00:01:09 Facebook Local
- 00:02:00 Mediation vs. Arbitration
- 00:05:03 Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 00:07:18 Mediation brings a possibility that you can work things out
- 00:09:27 The (painful) process
- 00:10:41 Co-mingling the parties
- 00:13:27 Picking the right attorney
- 00:15:50 Finding an outcome that’s livable
- 00:17:08 Avoid being intimidated
- 00:20:59 SPONSOR: Visit TextExpander.com/podcast for 20% off your first year.
- 00:23:24 SPONSOR: Visit JAMF.com/SBS to get your first 3 devices free for life!
- 00:27:05 Mediation leads to a lesson
- 00:32:19 The turning point
- 00:35:24 Avoid awkward elevator conversation
- 00:38:05 Avoiding the egos!
- 00:38:52 Beware the attorneys (and their egos)
- 00:41:01 Moving on is important
- 00:44:26 Focus on the resolution
- 00:46:07 Be aware of the lifespan
- 00:46:34 Dave’s Valuable Negotiation Lesson
- 00:48:42 SBS 164 Outtro