We hope you are enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday with family and friends! That’s what Dave and Shannon are doing this week, so we bring you one of our favorite interviews from last year with Gurjit Sing and Kevin Chou from the Gentleman’s Garage, a Turo based Small Business that focuses on renting exotic cars.
Enjoy the show and we will be back with you next week!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #198 for Wednesday, November 21, 2018
- 00:01:22 Small Business Show #141 October 18, 2017
- 00:02:58 Gurjit Singh & Kevin Chou – Using Turo as a Small Business platform
- 00:05:03 It all starts with two Mustangs … and a BMW
- 00:05:42 Turo covered the repair!
- 00:06:53 Beware the damage claims
- 00:08:04 Think about how people will drive your vehicles
- 00:09:15 Turo manages the risk
- 00:10:03 Turo valet service
- 00:10:37 Each car makes 2-3x monthly payment
- 00:12:48 The logistics of management
- 00:14:51 One-way fee
- 00:15:58 With affluent customers, you’re managing an experience
- 00:18:34 If you’re going to rent it out, don’t buy new!
- Certified Pre-Owned works very well for Turo
- 00:21:40 Managing the fleet – new cars, selling cars, registrations
- 00:22:55 The bankers slow you down!
- 00:26:03 Did making it a business ruin your hobby?
- 00:27:01 “The cars are still a thrill to drive”
- Converting to a membership business
- 00:29:02 Visit Gurjit and Kevin’s The Gentleman’s Garage on Turo… and Facebook
- 00:30:15 SBS 141 Outtro