From time to time we discuss the tools we use to run our own Small Businesses and why we couldn’t live without them. Join us today for our second installment of Tools for Small Businesses to hear from your hosts Shannon Jean and Dave Hamilton about their favorite business products.
We start out with a detailed discussion of Trello and how Dave’s team uses it for managing content creation on the MacObserver. while Shannon uses the Kanban style of project management that Trello visualizes to manage various projects throughout difference businesses. Then it’s on to Google Hangouts and how bringing your team together on video is a powerful way to keep everyone focused and connected.
The next set of tools comes from the good folks at Iwascoding with their GarageSale and GaragePay products – both essential tools for managing listing and product sales on eBay along with cashflow and reporting via Paypal.
Dave jumps in with his recommendation of Arlo Cameras and the Synergy Surveillance Station and then we’re on to some common sense tools like mini-breaks during your day and giant manilla envelopes to deal with the inevitable inflow of paperwork you need to hang onto for your Small Business.
Evernote rounds out our software list of essential tools along with a couple of other Podcasts you should be listening to and we wrap up the show with a call to always be carrying a pocket knife.
Listen in and share your own tools at the Small Business Support Group!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #196 for Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- 00:02:36 Trello
- 00:06:18 Google Hangouts
- 00:08:33 GarageSale for managing eBay listings
- 00:11:16 GaragePay to manage your PayPal transactions
- 00:15:01 SPONSOR: Care/of. For 25% off your first month of personalized Care/of vitamins, visit TakeCareOf.com and enter code SBS.
- 00:18:56 Arlo Cameras
- 00:22:15 Synology Surveillance Station
- 00:23:37 Mini-breaks
- 00:24:53 Big manila envelopes
- 00:29:53 Evernote
- 00:32:15 Podcasts: How I Built This, Coffee with Scott Adams
- 00:35:19 Get a good pocket life: Gerber Paraframe
- 00:38:27 SBS 172