Are you making a living with your Podcast? We need to talk. Join us today on the Small Business Show and learn about the business of podcasting. Specifically, what’s happening in the world of Podcast advertising, what are sponsors looking for and how is success being measured.
Dave shares his expertise about how a typical Podcast audience is made up of Intentional Listeners that have made the effort to seek out your content, subscribe and in many cases, download it to their device for future listening. These people are valuable and they have put their trust in your hands. How do you educate advertisers (and ad agencies) about that value and protect that trust at the same time? Listen in to hear some tips!
We round out the show by revisiting the 1000 true fan concept and how it might apply to Podcasting and what additional value your Podcast can bring to you, beyond revenue.
Join us today on the Small Business Show for all this and more. Then, visit the Small Business Support Group on Facebook to join the discussion.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #129 July 26, 2017
- 00:01:00 Being intentional with your time
- 00:02:35 Deadlines are awesome motivators
- 00:04:32 Recognizing the value of obsessing over the future
- “Did I achieve something today that moved things forward?”
- 00:05:34 Podcast sponsorship is changing
- 00:06:19 Intentional listeners – no accidental subscribers – leveraging that value to sponsors
- 00:08:03 The value of podcast sponsorships
- Cost per thousand subscribers: $15-50 for advertising
- 00:11:50 Tailoring the sponsor message to your listeners
- 00:13:44 QA to “test” the effectiveness of the advertisement
- 00:18:20 …and again!
- 00:23:14 You can’t quantify trust
- 00:24:00 You can’t leverage a relationship if you micro-manage it
- 00:25:36 Beware of the low-hanging fruit.
- 00:27:29 What’s your value?
- 00:30:30 1,000 true followers at $10/month is a living
- 00:34:57 SBS Outtro