It’s as simple as it is powerful. If we were using clickbait headlines, this one would read: This One Tip Will Make Your Customers Love You! But, since we don’t do that stuff on the Small Business Show, join us this week as we dive in deeper to the Two Tokens concept of Customer Service, as so eloquently described by Jean-Louis Gassée in his Monday Note.
Gassée, who has a storied history at Apple and founded Be Computing and the BeOS, uses the United Airlines customer service disaster to shine the spotlight on the concept of Two Tokens when solving customer service problems.
In a nutshell, the Two Tokens concept states that: “When a customer brings a complaint, there are two tokens on the table: It’s Nothing and It’s Awful. Both tokens are always played, so whoever chooses first forces the other to grab the token that’s left.” Your Small Business Show co-hosts were so impressed with how Gassée explained this concept and how important it can be when solving problems, that they spent the entire Small Business Show today digging into the practice and discussing how powerful it is.
Listen in, and then join us in the Small Business Support Group to discuss and learn more!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #118 May 10, 2017
- 00:01:43 Balancing multiple businesses
- 00:02:53 Dangling the Carrot
- 00:03:40 Every business is the customer service business
- 00:05:54 Jean-Louis Gassée and Customer Service Tokens
- 00:09:11 The customer is ready for a fight. They already don’t trust you
- 00:12:02 Get excited. Be demonstrative.
- 00:16:26 SBS 118 Outtro