During today’s episode, we get to spend time dissecting personality types so you can understand who would make a good employee vs. who would make a good business partner. We discuss Do’ers vs delegators and ways to create a Working Agreement to help you find out if you all have what it takes to build a successful partnership.
Communication is key and your hosts speak about methods to keep the dialogue going when their is an inevitable problem with your business partner (Partner Therapy, anyone?). Find out why how much risk and accountability your employees are willing to take starts with YOU, the business owner and just how to get past the Superhero complex that is so common.
We wrap up the show with a discussion about getting-out-of-the-way of your employees so they can do their jobs and grow your business along with the importance of sharing your crazy ideas (business or otherwise) with the right type of people if you expect to get a useful response.
Join us for episode 132 of the Small Business Show and then visit our Small Business Support Group to talk about the show!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #132 August 16, 2017
- 00:00:55 Love What You Do and You’ll Never Work a Day In Your Life
- 00:01:31 Passion vs. Motivation vs. Discipline
- 00:02:58 The Peter principle
- 00:04:58 The differences between employees and entrepreneurs and self-employed people
- 00:06:00 Finding a good business partner: someone who is good at what you are not
- 00:06:23 Do’ers vs. delegators
- 00:07:15 Create a Working Agreement
- 00:11:34 Similar financial needs and goals
- 00:13:00 Beware the double-dippers, even yourself
- 00:17:17 Partner therapy
- 00:17:44 Different Mindsets: Employee vs. Business Owner
- 00:19:38 Mirror vs. Window
- Risk vs. Accountability
- 00:22:34 The Superhero Complex as it relates to Solopreneurs vs. Business Owners
- 00:27:02 From Business Owner to Investor
- 00:27:58 Give your employees autonomy
- 00:29:03 You are your own impediment
- 00:32:31 Break out of your own bubble
- 00:35:47 SBS 132 End