Developing positive habits and minimizing negative habits is important for you AND for your employees. By breaking down our larger goals into small tasks and habits, we can shift the focus away from willpower and motivation to small steps, habits that lead us down the path to our ultimate goal of world domination.
“Habits are the underlying driving force of either success or failure—and greatness or mediocrity.”
On this episode of the Small Business Show your hosts Shannon Jean and Dave Hamilton use the “Stack” metaphor to see how we can create positive habits, while burying negative ones. And remember, you can use these tactics to help yourself, as well as your employees or contractors. Habits impact your entire organization – think about how customer service issues are resolved at your company. Surely there are good and bad habits involved in that process?
We delve into why we fall into habits, why rewards are the key to changing bad habits and promoting positive habits to the top of your stack. Make a habit of listening each week for all this and more! Then, join us on the Small Business Support Group to share your stories and ask questions.
If you enjoy the show each week, please take a moment to leave a review for us. It only takes a few minutes and it really helps. Thanks!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #229 for Wednesday, June 26, 2019
- 00:00:59 New website feedback to email@example.com
- 00:01:33 Polling you to tell us what you like
- 00:02:15 You’re allowed to be terrible!
- 00:04:59 Solving Grammar Problems
- Pro tip: Read it aloud
- 00:08:26 Break down your goals into habits
- 00:09:50 “Habits are the underlying driving force of either success or failure—and greatness or mediocrity.”
- 00:10:53 Be actively aware of your habits
- 00:14:04 Watch the gossip
- 00:17:56 SPONSOR: CLEAR. CLEAR is the absolute BEST way to get through airport security. It works great with Pre-Check too! Get two months free at ClearMe.com/Business using code BUSINESS now.
- 00:20:30 SPONSOR: Linode. Instantly deploy and manage an SSD server in the Linode Cloud. Get a server running in seconds with your choice of Linux distro, resources, and choice of 10 node locations. Visit Linode.com/SBS and use promo code sbs2019 to start with a $20 credit.
- 00:22:50 Make a habit list
- 00:26:10 Want time to start a business? Cancel your Netflix
- 00:29:19 Change the temptation
- 00:30:41 Work on one habit at a time
- 00:33:00 Give yourself permission to fail
- 00:34:21 SBS 229 Outtro