Need help with your Small Business Online presence? How about branding, marketing, search engine optimization and the overall look and feel of your company website? Listen in to today’s episode of the Small Business Show to hear how Corey Gauteraux of G4 Design House created a company to help Small Businesses prosper online.
G4 Design House was created to leverage the skills of an in-house team of programmers and designers that had been creating websites and doing online marketing for 15+ years. They focused their efforts on Small Businesses, with an affordable subscription model that encompasses everything from logo and website creation, hosting, SEO, social media and other marketing efforts.
After discussing what G4 does and how their services work, we spend time talking about how Corey markets G4 services, how they came up with their pricing structure and the value of referrals. Dave and Shannon ask about competing in what seems like a crowded design marketplace and how G4 distinguishes itself and Corey shares his “favorite mistake” that leads into a discussion about clear communication with clients.
We wrap up the show with a talk about retaining staff and the pain that hiring the wrong person can cause. Join us today for this and more, then visit the Small Business Support Group to ask your questions and comment on the show!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #157 for Wednesday, February 7, 2018
- 00:01:20 Corey Gauteraux from G4 Design House <https://www.g4designhouse.com/>
- 00:02:15 Taking a developed skill and turning it into your product
- 00:04:00 Tweaking the model from flat-upfront-rate to monthly plans
- 00:05:12 Ramp-up period to demonstrate value
- 00:07:06 If you build it… they don’t necessarily come.
- 00:07:30 Building the website is just the first step
- 00:09:29 Behind the curtain
- 00:10:35 Handling your sales and marketing with SEO
- 00:11:00 Cold-calling works, too!
- 00:11:29 Gauging each business: new, small, large, old
- 00:14:45 Homogenized pricing model
- 00:17:42 Return clients and referrals as your yardstick for success
- 00:19:11 Favorite mistake: not getting the details upfront
- 00:23:27 A WordPress-based Business
- 00:23:56 What’s the best part of your day?
- 00:26:01 Retaining staff and avoiding turnover pays off
- 00:27:31 Do what you can to avoid having the wrong staff
- Intern program is the “100-Hour job interview”
- 00:29:15 G4 Design House on Facebook