Timing plays a critical role in the success of your business. When you launch your products, when you hire new employees, and in the case of Jarie Bolander, when you publish your book. Join us this week on the Small Business Show as we meet Jarie to discuss his new book,The Entrepreneur Ethos along with his good friend, Mihir Shah CEO of Drobo.
Listen in and hear why Jarie felt compelled to create a roadmap for entrepreneurial success by building more ethical, inclusive and resilient companies.
We also have a bonus today with Mihir Shah adding his comments to the discussion about the “why” of being an entrepreneur and how stepping in to solve problems can be rewarding far beyond any financial gains.
Listen to the show, then join us on the Small Business Support Group to ask more questions and to add your voice to the discussion!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #149 for Wednesday, December 13, 2017
- 00:02:17 Mihir Shah – from VC to CEO… always turning things around
- 00:03:32 It’s fun to strategize, but more fun to be hands-on
- 00:04:25 Jarie Bolander – the classic, patently-unemployable entrepreneur
- 00:06:17 The Entrepreneur Ethos
- 00:07:45 What’s the “why?” behind being an entrepreneur – Speak your truth
- 00:09:33 “If you want to be the best entrepreneur in the world, you need to aspire to the ethos”
- 00:10:44 The importance of timing – Patience vs. Procrastination
- 00:12:18 “I’ve always wanted to run my own business”
- 00:13:24 Failure is an option, but never the end result
- 00:14:03 SPONSOR: TextExpander.com/podcast gets you 20% off your first year
- 00:17:28 SPONSOR: Storyblocks.com/sbs gets you their Triple Bundle for just $149
- 00:19:36 Always stepping on landmines and learning how to diffuse them
- 00:22:39 The Drobo 5C – first USB-C product of its kind in the marketplace
- 00:23:56 The meeting of two minds, focusing on the positive
- 00:27:21 Unacceptable behavior is (finally) being called out
- 00:29:36 Stay away from the hardware business
- 00:32:23 Self-awareness matters!
- 00:35:33 Focusing on how to grow “You”
- 00:39:34 SBS149 Outtro