What does it take for your Small Business to rank high on search engines when customers are looking for your products or services? Should you be allocating most of your ad budget to search, or are there better methods for your particular business to connect with customers? Join us on this episode of the Small Business Show for these topics and much more!
Don’t miss the episode where your co-host Shannon Jean admits: “I hate search, it makes me feel stupid.” Hear his story and either laugh at or commiserate with him as he shares his frustration about ranking high on page one of search results. You’ll also learn why he feels that search engines are just another marketplace, like eBay or Amazon, only focused on selling your business information and how that changed his focus and approach to success with search.
Dave Hamilton shares his story of battling scraper sites that market his own content, while blocking the original posts on search engines and how he is working to solve the problem.
We then spend time helping you to focus your SEO priorities to better achieve success with tips and tricks about using SEO companies, consultants and in-house talent to raise your rankings. We wrap up the show with advice about ignoring your competitors that you don’t want to miss.
Listen in to episode 162 of the Small Business Show and then join us at the Small Business Support Group to share your story and get your questions answered.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #162 for Wednesday, March 14, 2018
- 00:01:17 SXSW Conference and Festivals
- 00:03:22 Watch your intake
- 00:04:51 Drunk words are sober thoughts
- 00:06:29 Managing the party
- 00:07:40 Building a Different Bond
- 00:09:08 Near Me Searches on Small Business Show
- 00:09:51 SEO and Keyword Optimization
- 00:12:48 Value vs. Relevance
- 00:13:34 SPONSOR: Visit TextExpander.com/podcast for 20% off your first year.
- 00:16:48 Dave’s SEO Story with Duck Duck Go
- 00:18:52 Bing and Yandex feed Duck Duck Go
- 00:20:20 Scraper sites are the worst!
- 00:21:56 Your site has a block on it
- 00:23:28 DMCA Requests to the scrapers
- 00:24:45 Defining your SEO priorities
- 00:26:31 Is SEO the best method for you to connect with your customer?
- 00:27:52 Bring your SEO in house if it’s that important
- 00:29:10 Use Free SEO Consultations as Sales tools
- 00:30:00 Beware Black Hat SEO
- 00:32:05 Don’t forget the human aspect
- 00:33:59 Avoid Competitive Keyword Battles
- 00:35:26 SBS 162 Outtro