How important is creating content to share with your existing and potential customers to your Small Business success? And what are some of the keys to being successful with a content marketing plan? Join us today for episode 193 of the Small Business Show to hear how your co-hosts Shannon Jean and Dave Hamilton have used relevant and timely content in their businesses to connect with followers, drive new business and keep in touch with their existing customers.
We jump right into what we believe is one of the most important aspects of getting the biggest impact with content marketing: consistency. Creating a plan and sticking to a publishing schedule will make your content marketing exponentially more successful than just posting random content every now and again.
You’ll hear more tips and real-world examples about tapping into your employees expertise, why newsletters and mailing lists are so powerful and why being authentic and sharing your personal stories are ways to fast track your success. Listen in for these topics and much more, then come join us at the Small Business Support Group to share your tips and comments. Cheers!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #193 for Wednesday, October 17, 2018
- 00:01:13 Content requires a Commitment to Consistency
- 00:02:49 Every business is in the Content Business
- SBS Interview with Ben Schroeder from Santa Barbara Cider
- 00:05:27 Use content to highlight – and share – your expertise
- 00:07:40 Tap your team’s expertise
- 00:09:57 Use the Newsletter
- 00:12:50 Later is now!
- $Later = NOW()
- 00:15:22 SPONSOR: Timing, for anyone billing their hours. Visit timingapp.com/smallbusiness
- 00:18:15 SPONSOR: Gusto is refreshingly easy payroll, benefits, and HR for the modern small business. Visit Gusto.com/SBS for a free, 3-month trial.
- 00:20:11 Be authentic!
- 00:21:21 Share your personal brand
- 00:23:55 Balance your requests for information with shared value
- 00:26:47 Be honest about the perceived value of your content
- 00:28:10 “We lied”
- 00:29:14 Workshop: Start an email list
- Shannon: Creates the content
- Dave: Creates the form, Links the engine
- 00:34:39 Always be Creating!
- 00:35:20 SBS 193 Outtro